Tuesday 17 July 2012

Mac 'Hue' Lipstick


  Eyes- Nars Cream Eyeshadow Camargue (Base) // Mac Scene (Outer corner) // Mac Cork (Blended through crease) // Mac Woodwinked (Outer two thirds) // Elf Black Gel Liner // Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara 

Hey girls! I went shopping the other day for an outfit for a girls night out and had set myself a realistic budget so that I didn't go mad buying everything in sight. At the end of the day I had picked up a whole outfit including a clutch for under my budget, so, feeling pretty impressed with myself, I decided to pop into Mac and buy myself a treat (Does anyone else do that!?)! I knew I wanted a lipstick but was torn between getting a nude or a coral to go with the outfit I'd bought. After swatching some potentials, I ended up getting 'Hue'. Hue is definitely a beauty blogger/ youtuber favourite and is hyped about a lot, and being a pinky nude, I knew I would get a lot of use out of it. The finish is a glaze, which means the staying power of Hue isn't amazing, but I don't mind reapplying if it means having a gorgeous lip colour. It is very glossy and moisturising on the lips which is perfect for me as I can have very dry lips which lipsticks can sometimes stick in to. This is definitely a colour I will get lots of use from and can be worn day and night as it is so natural on the lips! (Sorry about the annoying shadows across the last photos, it was late at night and hard to get good lighting!)

Have you tried Hue? Do you have a favourite Mac lipstick?


17 comments:

  1. I can't even count the amount of times I have repurchased Hue.. It's such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great product and the colour looks really nice on you :) My favourite MAC lipstick is in "Speak Louder."
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I havn't tried speak louder, I will have to have a look on your recommendation :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love it! And you look gorgeous by the way <3
    I really like MACs Shy Girl lipstick too :]
    MissJammyxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely! I love Shy Girl too! xx

      Delete
  4. Thats gorgeous! I really like Vegas Volt :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegas Volt is actually in my basket on the Mac website right now! It looks so gorgeous :) xx

      Delete
  5. Its such a pretty colour! Because when ever i go into MAC im torn between all the lovely colours but i think next time ill be purchasing this! <3 It really suits you aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Thanks for your comment, I am now following your blog. Please check out mine and follow :-)

    https://allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this colour is lovely! I want something like this too, all my lipsticks are really bright colours! xox

    My Blog : The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty color and looks absolutely beautiful on you! I've actually never tried a MAC lipstick :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been able to find a lipstick that looks as natural as this. It's great to find a lipstick you will get lots of use from as some of mine I hardly use as they're too much for everyday!

    arrceebee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love hue, one of my favourite mac lipsticks! great post :) xx

    jsandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. your make up looks so pretty! and that lip stick is so chic :)

    http://sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous color! you look stunning with it :)

    Hope you have a fab day hun! ~ xx
    Chriissydollxo's Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...