Friday 22 June 2012

Review: Mac Scene Eyeshadow

I usually always go for a brown or gold eyeshadow on my lid because as I have blue eyes, I find that this is what suits me best. Recently I have really been getting into taupe's, silvers and grey's, and find that done in the right way, can create a more dramatic and intense look than with a brown. 

I was having a browse on the Mac website and came across Scene, a muted blue/grey toned colour. I think this will work lovely as part of a soft smokey eye bringing it into the crease, but won't be as harsh as using a black. 
As all Mac eyeshadow's are, this is nicely pigmented but easy to work with and blendable.

 Left- Blended Out    Right- Swatch

I definitely think as an all over lid colour, this wouldn't work for my eyes, but for a subtle hint in the crease or along the lash line, it will work nicely. I am planning on using this blended out with a little bit of Mac's Cork on the brush, to warm up the eye a little. 

Have you discovered any new eyeshadow's recently? Do you have a favourite from Mac or another brand?
x

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...